Well as I have been all thrifty and saving/not spending I thought I really ought to look at how I have done for the week;
- Whilst I was upset about the ruining of my suit trousers I am now the proud owner of a new pair of long smart shorts! No spend at all as my mother in law adjusted them for me (new trousers cost would have been £20)
- A new blusher due to mine being empty, however still free as I used my boots points to replace it. (new blusher £3)
- We have had enough vegetable given to us to last all week, kindly given to us again via the in laws from the allotment they own. (vegetable/fruit costs £5)
- At a meeting I attended in which we had a presentation from a well know toothpaste company I was given four tubes of toothpaste to take home. Should last us a while. (four tubes of branded toothpaste £5)
- No paying out for ironing to be done, even though I hate it, instead my kind mom has taken it all away to do and will return it tomorrow. Thank you mom x. (ironing cost £15)
- I have saved approximately £10 this week in parking, just by thinking where is free even if it does include a little extra walk. (parking costs £10)
- All mileage has been claimed along with any stationery items from work so should add £100+ back into the account. This is only for the meeting etc that I have attended. (fuel £90, stationery costs £8)
- I have said no to meals out, coffees out with friends and even to the youngest for wasteful things. In turn this little word must have saved me a few pounds this week that would have been wasted. It doesn't mean I have missed out on catching up with my friends either, just that we have had coffees at each others houses rather than an expensive coffee shop. (coffees etc £10, meals £15, Ashleighs rubbish £20)
- And I have had three free lunches too, as at meetings we have it provided. (3 lunches £9) and as for the other days I have taken in my yummy home made soup and banana cake. (2 lunches £6)
- And of course I also stayed out for a night so had a slap up meal and wine, yummy breakfast and was even able to bring a few freebies that will be suitable for Christmas stocking fillers too. (a slap up meal and wine £30, breakfast £16 and gifts £5)
(overall saving of approximately £267!)
So all in all a frugal week I think.
What frugal things have you done this week?