Tuesday 3 May 2011

Help needed!

Help, please..


Friday will be our 16th wedding anniversary and I have no idea what to get dear hubby as a gift.

It only seems like yesterday that we were young, giggly and excited about our big day.

A young me and Kassie.
A very young Andy and I along with my dear nan, bless her.
(I look very drunk but I'm sure that's not the case!)



Like most couples we set up home before we were married. This was needed as we were moving Kassie from two homes and we wanted a space to call our own. At the time it was a huge wrench for my mom and dad as they has supported me through a very nasty break up and Kassie was very much one of there own too. Also for Kassie who had to change schools. make new friends and except new rules.

One sunny evening, not long after buying our home hubby collected me from work and told me we were going for a stroll around Bageridge, a nature reserve. As I walked down to the car with him I went to put my hand in his back pocket only to have it swiftly removed, it turns out that my engagement ring was snuggly in the pocket!

At the top of a hill we sat basking in the sun and being the romantic that he is, he bent on one knee and asked me to be his wife.

He had even gone and asked my fathers permission to ask for my hand in marriage!

Now here we are 16 years later.
It hasn't always been easy, no bed of roses as they say, but I know that he truly is the one for me.

We may not always like each other and that's ok, because we always love each other.

Now the hard bit, what can I get him?
The modern gift would be silver holloware, not the most inspiring it has to be said!

It doesn't have to be big or expensive, in fact I'd rather it wasn't.
But something to say I am still glad I said "I do"

Any suggestions welcome! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh what a lovely story and the proposal sounds so sweet.

    I will have to have a think about what you could buy him. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, so sweet! i'm not sure the gift but have you checked out red envelope? they have the best, most sentimental and creative gifts. have bought a few things there (& usually can get a discount, too). good luck, and happy anniversary!
    --alyson, the average girl's guide
    (ps: thanks for stopping by my blog!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! What a lovely story.
    I've no idea what to suggest, Jon and I aren't into presents and prefer to treat ourselves to holidays and festival tickets instead.
    Is there a band or a stand-up comic he'd like to see? You can both have a lovely night out to lok forward to. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your ideas. I think I may look for a local gig Vix. It would be a nice evening out for us.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Vix. I took hubby to see Andy Nyman's Ghost Stories for his birthday, and gave him unlimited spends in Forbidden Planet. He was in his element!

    I love proper love stories!

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the upcoming anniversary! My 8 years is coming up and I have no idea either, although a night away would be a treat for us as we have small children. He often gets tickets for birthdays though, as Vix suggested. We saw Bill Bailey and Tim Minchin recently and had an amazing time both nights

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think something personal to him would be good and obviously we don't know him so it would be even harder for us to think of something.
    Let us know what you get him :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x