Tuesday 11 January 2011

My how the weekends fly!

Gosh where did last week go?
Isn't it amazing where the time goes?
Back to work and the  hours fly by, they don't always feel like it granted! Depends on the day! Must admit though being back to the grind stone hasn't been that bad, however I do have 2000 work assignment to complete by next week that hasn't even been looked at yet. If that was one of the children I would be very cross with them, how ironic! I am starting it today, honest! (famous last words in our house hold.

Last week was fairly eventful, back to work, trying to go back to eating sensible, heartbreak as my daughter and her boyfriend split up (who would be 15 again!), a fancy dress party and yet another walk. Phew!!

Work - was good. Lots to catch up with after such a long break and my diary is full to burst until March.

Food - ok ish!? Trying to get back to eating well after far too many goodies over the festive period. Need to loose a little weight and begin running again. My how I hate that running machine!! That is the goal of this week to get back to it.

Heartbreak - who would be 15 again? I hate seeing my children upset, knowing nothing you say or do will make it any easier. We have had the exchange of items left at each others house as well, so you know it's well and truly over. She seems ok now mind and is spending time with friends that haven't been around for a while.

Party - an 80s party to be precise. It was a friend of mines 30s birthday the weekend and we were invited to an 80s theme party in Sheffield. Originally hubby and I were going and would have stayed over however all good plans go belly up! He couldn't go so my friend and I went just for the evening. An hour and forty minute journey but worth it. Even though I look like a complete tool I shall share with you how silly we looked!

Jo as a rock chick and me more as a madonna fan.


How cool is the cake?

Walk - yet again another walk. This time the Wrekin. Now let me be clear I HATE that hill, but i know it is good for me (especially my butt!) so i will do it. I can't breath as I climb it, which shows just how unfit I am now that I can sit on my bottom most of the day!! Sunday was cold and icy so it made it even less fun to try and climb. I even managed to slide down as I was walking up! A huge thank you to the kind man who caught me as hubby was way up in front! Once climbed however and choosing not to think of the scary descent the views were amazing as usual. 

Over half way up and the top is in sight.


The view from that height is amazing. Shows the frost on the ground.

But when you reach the top the view is even better.

It gives you a chance to catch your breath. Can you see the man struggling to stand up? It was very windy at the top.

Till next time much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x