Friday 9 December 2011

New York Part 4, The Return Home!

On our last day in New York we had booked to go to the 911 memorial.



We had been to the site a few years ago to pay our respects but at that time it was still a mess and you felt very wrong for looking at a place where so many people lost their lives.




This time we actually felt we could pay our respects in a good way.



It truly is heart rendering to see all those names.


Many families were locating names of loved ones they lost.


It truly makes you thankful that the ones you love are safe and sound.



Before we finally headed back to the airport we stopped off at the famous Carnegie Deli.




And my, is the food good!


Andy very huge too.

Then off in a taxi to the airport we went.


Our adventure now over!

We had an amazing few days and created memories that I hope will be with Ashleigh for many years to come.

X x

22 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit the 9/11 memorial, I bet it's incredibly haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to visit the 9/11 memorial when we go but it must be so sad. Great photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go back to new york just to visit the memorial, its something special X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 9/11 Memorial is so beautiful, it must have been an incredibly moving experience to visit it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I can't wait to go. It might be Jan 2013 rather than Nov 12 as its cheaper in Jan lol!

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x