Wednesday 2 July 2014

I'll Only Whine Once!

I promise this just a rant to get it out of my system, the it's onwards and upwards.

As you know yesterday was the big consultants meeting. And it didn't start or finish so well.
After a very long (1hr plus) wait my name was finally called. Not to go in though, but to be asked why I didn't attend my scan. The scan that showed up a mass, fluid, inflamtion to name but a few things.

Todays attire, a dress to cover the ever growing tummy.

Turns out my scan could not be found, which considering its on a computer screen is quite a feat to achieve.  After yet another wait we were called in to see not the main consultant but another one. He asked questions that just weren't relevant, skirted around any questions regarding my scan and told me to just give my painkillers chance to work. Err Hello, I've been on them 4 months and surely pain is not a good sign.

Dress - George Asda

Having listened to me vent he then went off to speak to the main consultant and we were left in a room for another 30 minutes.

Yesterdays swollen belly!
Easy to see why people as me when its due!

I was then told cone back in 6 months. Tears flowed, both of rage and pain and hubby added his thoughts too. I really felt for the nurse who later told us this dr frequently forgets his password and is then unable to view scans. She also went straight to the main consultants secretary to see if we could get an appointment within the next 4 weeks. And if it doesn't arrive I shall be booking private. Which when your not getting full pay is a lot.

This is what I looked like after lots of tears and a few swear words.

On the way home I rung my gp to see if they had received my scan results and guess what?  They had them back the next day! With a "no action needed" note as I was booked to see the consultant. 
So today I seen my doctor who has talked me through the detail they have about the scan, given my stronger pain killers and even called the consultant direct to get a proper explanation. I can't thank my doctor enough.

Soooooo angry about the whole situation.
And feel like an idiot for crying with frustration at the hospital and at the doctors.
No more moaning about feeling ill, I have a holiday to prep for and clothes to sort.
Just want to be my happy self I used to be.

X x

17 comments:

  1. That is rotten service, you ought to be fast tracked with a more competent consultant at the very least.
    Sorry to hear you're still not right hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie. Keeping my fingers crossed all gets sorted soon.

      X x

      Delete
  2. It took 28 years of constant pain and repeat doctor's visits before anyone realised my hip needed replacing so I understand your frustration. There's been appointments I've turned up to that haven't been on the system and the worst case was being in the operating theatre with the antitheist for my first hip replacement only for a surgeon to rush in and halt the whole thing as he'd forgotten to order the correct sized hip joint.
    The NHS is brilliant when it works and so utterly frustrating when it doesn't but I'm still more than thankful that we have it, if we lived in the States I'd probably be in a wheelchair.
    Next time you get messed around so straight to PALS (there's one in every NHS hospital), give them the facts and I guarantee your issue will be sorted within 10 days with no need for tears.
    Good luck. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. I must admit I wouldn't be with out the NHS and the service I have had over the years has been great. It was just soo frustrating this tine round. And I don't do crying, so I was angry at my self for acting like a girl, silly I know.

      Thanks for the advice about PALS, I will keep that in mind should I need it in the future.

      X x

      Delete
  3. awww I feel for you, must be so frustrating, you feel like your life is in their hands. I would be tempted to go private too, my God daughter suffered terrible pain for about 5 years in her legs (she's only 18) some mornings she couldn't even get out of bed, in the end she went private and was diagnosed straight away and now has the right medication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. I am sure it will all get sorted at some stage.

      X x

      Delete
  4. Ohhh how frustrating my dear, it's a nightmare when it comes to battling consultants- we do it frequently for patients at work and some of them are so far up their own backsides it's no wonder they talk crap.

    <3 I hope you get something sorted soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit my doctors has been amazing Laura, if only they were all like that. The trouble is they just don't have time to listen to you or to put your mine at rest.

      X x

      Delete
  5. How frustrating. If it's any help, I've cried at the docs before now. Glad to hear you have a good GP though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating isn't it? Plus I felt so silly.

      X x

      Delete
  6. Oh no - that's not good...sorry to hear you had such a rubbish visit to the doc. Next time don't be afraid to call a day or two before to check all your details are with him & that the appt is with who you want to see. Like Vix says, it's a great system when it works - sometime you have to kick ass a bit. Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo frustrating. I'm sorry that you didn't have a better result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char. I'm taking much stringer pain killer so the pains not quite as bad, just can't keep my eyes open with them though.

      X x

      Delete
  8. Oh no how frustrating for you, I hope your stronger painkillers relieve some of the pain for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey, there is no shame in crying in frustration, especially when you are in pain and the consultant is a total twit! So glad that your GP is on the ball and you were able to get some answers from him. There is nothing worse than living in pain and feeling as if no body is willing, or doing anything to help you.

    Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. And BTW - that grey dress is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no Trayci I hope you get it sorted soon c

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x