It has been really interesting keeping track of what I have saved over the week and whilst it started off really well it has slowed down some what over the past week.
That said heres what I have saved this week;
- Milage claimed back for work. Claimed £70
- Parking claimed back for work. Claimed £22
- Parked away from hospital for Physio. Saved £3
- Meal out and wine. Saved £20
- Free cooked breakfast. Saved £6
- Lunches made for all of us rather than buying. Saved £45!
- Free teas/coffees from stores and mince pies/ biscuits. Saved £6, but ruined the waist line!
- Free pair of walking boots for the allotment. Saved £35
- Free raspberry bushes for the allotment. Saved £6
- Yet more free potatoes this time from our garden. Saved £3
- Wearing my glasses on days off/admin days, saving on contact lenses. A simple yet effective saving technic.
Total saving £216
Unfortunately we have had a big spend week too.
- Greenhouse for allotment. £70 (although new would have cost us £200, so still saving £130)
- Repairs to a leaky garage roof £12 (but if done professionally would have cost £70+)
So to be fair it could have been much worse!
Well lets hope I can have a none spend week next week instead.