Friday 22 June 2012

As Requested......

Following on from one of my last posts many of you asked about the recipe for the garlic and onion jam.

Well it's not quite a combination you would have on your toast first thing in the morning, although it might be good for a cold or hangover! But I can assure you it is really tasty.

So with out further ado here is the recipe:

Garlic & Onion Jam

Tastes so much nicer than it looks, trust me.

Ingredients needed

2 large Spanish onions (about 1 lb), coarsely chopped
                                                  6 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
A good glug extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Method
In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine the onions, garlic and olive oil. 

Cover and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft, golden brown and slightly caramelized, about 1 hour.
Transfer the onion mixture to a food processor or blender and puree. 
Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper. 
                 Scrape the jam into a small non corrodible container and let cool completely.
 Once cooled the jam can be covered and stored in the fridge.


I would love to hear from you if you do make it.
I do hope you enjoy it!
X x

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I have a shed full of jars so I have no excuse to give it a whirl! Have a fab weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. I plan to give it a go this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh garlic and onion jam...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would love this - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-yum yum, thanks for sharing I really must try this it is certainly something all of us will love! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x