Wednesday 6 June 2012

What An Amazing Four Days Its Been!

I have had an amazing four days, not only because I've been off work but also watching our amazing country pull together to celebrate the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't class myself as a royalist in any way shape or form, but I have found it all fascinating.

So what did we do?

Well we ate fab food, including asparagus on toast with a runny poached egg for breakfast.
(No photo as it got wolfed down far too quickly!)

Enjoyed a jubilee party at the allotment and at the mother in laws.



Ashleigh had a friends 16th birthday party at which they had face painters, pretend tattoos and a bouncy castle.
(it was like having a small child again)


We watched the boats on the river, via the telly.
I would have loved to have seen it all, I bet the atmosphere was amazing.

Totally enjoyed the Queens concert, even if a few of them were a little poor.
(yes Cheryl that means you hun!)
Whilst sipping Pimms with the family.


And to top it all spent some time up on the allotment and even built a proper fruit cage.



The only downer was knowing it was back to work today.

So how did you spend your four day weekend?

X x

15 comments:

  1. Hi sounds like you had a great jubilee weekend. I love the face paint .
    Your allotment looks amazing, you put me to shame working your job as well as maintaining your allotment.
    I love your green glittery shoes fab idea
    take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you. Its hard work at times but it will be so worth it I hope when we have lots of yummy food to eat.

      X x

      Delete
  2. We spent most of it shopping for the house and watching films, although we did go and see family in Birmingham.

    I was working yesterday so it was only a 3 day weekend for me.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh you were just down the road from me then.

      Sorry to hear you had to work one of the days. I hope you have a day in lie to take for it?

      X x

      Delete
  3. We had a great time too. Street Party, meal with friends, taking it easy. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your street party looked amazing, wish we'd had one.

      X x

      Delete
  4. We had a lovely time too but it was a shame about the weather!

    Loved 4 days off also : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, typical british weather.

      Great to have time off though.

      X x

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend (and I'm not just talking about asparagus for breakfast - yum!)
    The only downer to my weekend was that I forgot the Pimms. I forgot the PIMMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my dear-sounds like it was a fab weekend, Ashleigh looks lovely too! I had a nice weekend, shame it didn't last longer! have a great week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really regretting not doing anything now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched bits on the tele and we had a Jubilee party in my neighbors garden.Your allotment is looking good. I could do with that fruit cage for my chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a blast! Long weekends are the best :)

    <3 Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Trayci I have really enjoyed it too I did not want it to end lol, I have watched most of it although I missed the first 30 mins of the concert but I heard Cheryl was awful will have to try and find it on you tube. Paul Mc was awful too I thought.

    I loved the red arrows and land of hope and glory and the national anthem...I could go on.

    I also love the fireworks and the palace being red white and blue.

    It was brilliant.

    Your Ashleigh looks lovely she looks like you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashleigh has a brilliant look there, I'd love to have my face painted with a butterfly, so cool!
    It looks like you had a brilliant long weekend, how perfect. I shared a few of the same parts. I ventured up to the village street party if only for a burger...

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x