Saturday 30 June 2012

The Olympic Flame Burns Brightly...

Yes today was Walsall and Wolverhampton's (to name but a few) turn to have the Olympic torch pass through.

And seeing as hubby also has a fun day at work I went in with him.
(It did mean I also got lots of my own work done too, so much for a day off eh!)



The torch was running a little late but we picked a spot and waited, after all I won't get to see it again in my life time I doubt.

Walsall was absolutely packed and had a great feel to it with strangers all having a laugh and a joke together.
(Even sharing cake too)


Eventually the torch arrived and was lit for the waiting runner;





And before you knew it had passed us by;




The streamer cannons were great touch.






After all the excitement I am now off to get ready for a wedding reception of one of my dear friends.

Till tomorrow.

X x


7 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time tonight.

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the wedding, I went to one on Thursday, love weddings x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see, I didn't need to go 'cos your pictures are totally brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo it's coming to my town on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed it as much as we did. You got much better photos than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cool that you got to see it! I don't mind it not coming too close by me now, I feel like you've seen it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get to see it but my mums friends son got to carry it through :) Great photos

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x