Saturday 16 June 2012

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly....

The Good
Celebrating a family birthday


Especially with tasty red velvet home made cup cakes.
Scrummy.

Finally clearing out some clutter


Yep, good old eBay.
A pain in the butt to do but one thats worth it when you have a few extra pennies

Enjoying home grown produce

Asparagus, mangetout, strawberries, onions, lettuce and radishes all grown by us.
A great saving as well as tasting great.

Knowing Ashleigh has only one exam remaining

The last exam is scheduled for June and bless her she has revised hard so I hope for her sake the results are good.


The Bad
Ashleigh's heart appointment


Whilst it is goo dot know it is finally getting sorted its also a little scary when they tell you what might need to happen.  Even ore so when my family has such a bad history with heart issues.

The Ugly
The though of heart surgery


It stands a large possibility that Ashleigh may have to have heart surgery at some point to correct a default that causes her to have terrible heart palpitations.

A very scary thought.

X x

19 comments:

  1. Hope Ashleigh does well in her exams and the heart problems are not too serious
    Take care,

    Karys x
    Whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karys that's really kind if you.

      X x

      Delete
  2. Take care, you have. Not long to go until the exams finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be Take care. Not long to go until the exams finish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more on Wednesday next week then that's it. We are off out for a slap up meal to celebrate.

      X x

      Delete
  4. oh goodness, hope she's ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be Claire, nothing keeps Ash down for too long.

      X x

      Delete
  5. I wish Ashleigh well with everything x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything will be OK with Ashleigh's heart appointment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat. Her first appointment had come through already.

      X x

      Delete
  7. It must be a worry to be thinking about Ashleigh, but good to know that the professionals are on it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The consultant was lovely Sophie. He said it was very strange to be having this conversation with a 16 year old as most people he sees have had their first heart attack.

      X x

      Delete
  8. Love the scrummy cupcakes.

    I know the thought of surgery is scary and my DH and I have our heart problems as you know, but it is amazing what they can do, he is proof of that. If you want to talk about it, let me know through my email and I will call you.

    Will remember you both in my prayers.

    Love Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arwedd. I may take you up on that.

      X x

      Delete
  9. It must be very scary. I hope it all goes well for Ashleigh, but I'm glad to see you are putting your heart into enjoying the 'good' parts right now :)

    Penny Dreadful Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to focus on the good things don't you? And I'm very lucky that I have such an amazing family and so many things to be glad about.

      X x

      Delete
  10. I hope everything is okay for Ashleigh x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a worry about Ashleigh, sending lots of love and good luck your way for that! xo

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x