Thursday 17 March 2011

Happy St Patricks Day



Happy St Patricks Day 

Top of the morning to you! Ok evening.

Ok I'll stop now all that green is giving me a headache.
However it is St Patricks Day and I think we should  celebrate.
Am I Irish, er no.
Never visited there nor do I like Guiness, which if you suffer with anemia like I do is a bit of a bummer.
Still I shall be wearing green today, as I need all the good luck I can get and if I see you and you are not wearing green be prepared for a pinch.(tradition if you are not, so no pinching back!) 
But many a good thing has come from the Emerald city,

Hubbys favorite tipple,

Pierce Brosnan and James Nesbitt,

Ronan Keating and Bono, (aka Paul David Hewson)


(Strange how this has suddenly turned into lots of photos of cute men!)

Masses of music legends;

  • Shane Magowan, musician



  • Sinead O'Connor, musician



  • Snow Patrol, rock band



  • The Boomtown Rats, rock band



  • The Pogues, rock band



  • Thin Lizzy, rock band



  • U2, rock band



  • Van Morrison, musician




  • One of the most famous play writers,
    Oscar Wilde.

    Saint Patrick's Day is associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. But to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for worldwide.

    So I would ask you to hold in your thoughts and prayers all those people suffering in Japan. 

    So raise your glass to a year that can only get better and say an Irish toast ;

     “May your glass be ever full.
    May the roof over your head be always strong.
    And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.”


    X x x



    3 comments:

    1. Happy St Patrick's Day. I don't like Guinness either but Phil Lynott (RIP) certainly tickles my fancy. xxx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Happy St Patrick's Day! I've only ever had a tiny weeny sip of Guinness, but apparently it's very good for you?! Great music to come from Ireland, without a doubt. Have a lovely evening x

      ReplyDelete
    3. happy st patricks day! i love irish boys :) xx

      ReplyDelete

    Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
    I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

    Love and lipstick.
    X x