Thursday 21 April 2011

Busy Doing Nothing, Working The Whole Day Through..

The chance would be a fine thing!

Good grief I have a busy day ahead.

I feel a little like this fella;


A mad hatter!

First call the doctors.
I'm finally getting my dodgy knee looked at!
I know they may just say I need to exercise and take joint tablets, all of which I am already doing but never the less I'm off to see what they say.

Then work.
I have four engagement sessions to deliver, as well as a CV to update and supporting letter to write!
Then to click the send button.

I am applying for permanent position of the role I am currently seconded to.
It's not in my area so the chance of me getting it are very slim but I want them to realise I very much want to do this role permanently!

Finally home.
I should have one last meal left from our BBQ at the weekend so cooking shouldn't be too stressful.

That said my youngest has gone back to being vegetarian.
She doesn't have an issue with animals and has never been a huge meat eater.
But it does create a few challenges at dinner time as hubby loves meat!

Talking of food I have been trying really hard to be good and loose a little weight,.
My thought process is it's a little less to drag up those mountains!

I shall weigh myself on Saturday and let you know if I  have lost any.
At least if I share my weight with you I may have a little more motivation to stick to it.

The outfit of today is a rinse and repeat, so instead I thought I'd share with you my footwear that I've been sporting the past few days;


Flip Flops - Clarkes
 I brought these leather flip flops on my very first visit to America about 12 years ago.
They were a bargain and have lasted so well.
It helps that they are as comfy as can be too!

The reason I was drawn to them?

Well see below,


Flashy soles although faded now.
I'm a sucker for colour!

Not only did I love the turquoise colour of the leather but the soles were fantastic!

It didn't even matter that I didn't have a clue what I would wear them with.

So whats been your best shoe find?

X x

8 comments:

  1. Those flip flops are 12 years old! OMG! They are in such good condition... mine last 2 summers maximum!
    With everything else you've got going on I don't know how you ave the time to blog too! But then they do say if you want something doing, ask someone who's busy!
    Have a great Easter break x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear-your flip flops are fab, they really have lasted you so well! Good luck with losing weight too and have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flip flops are very Paul Smith-esque. I can't believe they are 12 years old. the look so good.

    Any shoe find is good in my eyes. I got given 10 pairs by a friend this week, that was quite good!

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the flip-flops are doing incredibly well for their age! Thats insane! I buy shoes on ebay, thats a bargain, so long as they fit. My fave brown boots totalled under £5 inc p&p, I wore them almost non stop last winter and they look exactly as I bought them. Awesome
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe they're 12 years old! See, you can't be that heavy or else they'd be worn out!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have loads of shoes but I try to take care of them. Plus it means that you rotate them often. Other than boring work shoes of course!!

    Thank Lucy, that's made my day. X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're sooooo lovely- my three key favourites- rainbow, stripes and turquoise! I went to Reyjavik some years ago and came back with a gorgeous pair of camel suede lhigh-heeled loafers that made my GARGANTUAN-sized feet look teensy, so they were an unexpected bargain in more respects than one! Plus a lovely pair of red polka dot ballet pumps from Primark around 6 years ago that are still alive and kicking and admired universally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own
    a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses?

    If so how do you protect against it, any
    plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage http://mkwiki.se

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x