Saturday 17 December 2011

Freebies And frugality Of The Week.

As you know I had a rather large bill to pay out this week, £432 infact!

So to make me feel better I though a freebies and frugality check was in order.

Freebies

  • I received a shower efficiency gadget via the post.
  • I received new hair care samples.
  • I also received a free lipstick. (This is the only one I can really put a price on £4)
  • Not forgetting my hotel goodies too.
  • And huge buffet lunch. (lunch £5)
Frugality

  • Food shopping complete for the next two weeks, a whole £50 for 3 of us! Thanks to meal planning. A saving of £50 if hubby had done it!
  • Wrapping all complete for Christmas using paper from last year. A saving of £15 if not more!
  • All milage claimed. £498 back.
  • All car parking claimed. £25 back.
  • Lunches taken instead of purchased. Saving £9.
  • Free Xmas lunch. Saving £25.
  • Nice meal at hotel all payed by the business. £25.
  • Two games of bowling all paid for by the company. £12
  • Two pairs of tights darned rather than new ones purchased. Saving £12.
Totalling £680

Not a bad saving!

And a good figure to help with the car payment with a little to spare!

X x

2 comments:

  1. Free xmas lunch is always a good thing, I use last yeara wrapping paper and I always buy my xmas cards in the sales xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great to save money, esp. money we can use for some of our regular expenses.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x