Saturday 17 March 2012

Talk About A Pain In The Neck!

Over the past few weeks I have been suffering with back pain.
It started in my lower back and the moved to my shoulder until finally it set up residence in my neck.
And for the last week I have been unable to move properly without pulling a face such as this;

Well I finally managed to get a doctors appointment and at 8.40 am yesterday I was poked and prodded.
After much uncertainty I was advised to go and be checked at A&E.

I arrived at 9.50am and was booked in.

10.13 and I was called to explain all to the triage nurse.

Then at 11.15 I was called in to see the doctor. 
Yet again I told the same information to him and he poked and prodded too.
A water sample was called for and after another 20 minutes I was told it must be the trapezious muscle, it could take 4 to 6 weeks to heal itself, rest my neck, limit driving and take anti inflammatory drugs.

I arrived home at 1pm.

What a waste of my day.

I now have a load of work to catch upon, adding more stress to my neck and wondering how I shall be getting to all my meetings. 

I some times think life would be so much easier if I wasn't bothered about work or letting others downs then I could stay at home and watch pants TV while my neck sorted itself out!

Oh well, on wards and up wards as they say.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to eat a whole bag of sweets to myself to numb the pain.

I may well be sick!

X x

5 comments:

  1. fantastic choice of sweeties i love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it gets better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha that photo made me laugh I am sure though that your face looks no where near as bad as his!

    Poor you its awful having back pain I know from personal experience I do hope it gets better soon.

    I once ate a whole (large) bag of the cadburys chocolate buttons and I had to lie on the bed for hours I felt so sick and oculd hardly move. That will teach me...greedy guts that I am xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon,enjoy the sweets
    nto
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you - do hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x