Tuesday 18 October 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes.....

24 little hours...

(ok I won't sing, but only because your eardrums couldn't stand it!)

Bloody hell I am only cast free!

At 2.40 this afternoon I took my place in the waiting area with my mother in law to keep me company and after a very short wait I was called through to be set free.

I skipped in as excited as a child on Christmas morning.
Ew! Crusty skin!
I'm free I tell you!
(Can you tell I am excited?!)
Wrinkly lines from the bandage.
Out came the cutters and promptly it was chopped off.
(The cast not the arm obviously)

Yes it was a little minging, so would you be if you hadn't washed for 6 weeks and it looked a little odd to say the least.
Looks like a right old biddies arm! All that tan that disappeared.
I keep forgetting to bring my arm with me as it's now so light and it feels so weak its ridiculous.
(I can't even pick up a cup of tea!)

I now have lots of red sore marks where the cast was rubbing.

Sore wrist.


It's very sore between my finger and thumb.


So I shall be doing lot's of strengthing exercises as I am desperate to get back behind the wheel and don't worry I shall warn you all when I do!

X x

14 comments:

  1. Well done! get yourself some of Poundland's version of Bio Oil and it'll be right as rain in no time. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, you can't pick up a cup of tea? Get going on your exercises, missus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my brother broke his arm he had a cast for a while too and his arm looked like this too!!! It goes away pretty fast, I promise!! :)

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    PS: Don't forget to enter my vintage jewelry/antique giveaway if you haven't already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yey! You're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay celebration time.Now hows the rest of your tan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your soon recovery. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww hope you have a speedy recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. free at last! free at last! ahh, i can only imagine how liberating that was for you :) have a great rest of the week, sweetie!!

    x jamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll be back to your best in no time, must be such a relief to be able to scratch again as well! Have to admit my legs are looking a bit 'old ladyesque' and I haven't had the excuse of a cast - must get moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor thing! I'm so behind with my reading but sorry to see you've been in plaster! I hope you're feeling better and that you can pull your tights up sooner rather than later! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x